Profile picture for tami777

I noticed my home is classified in a different neighborhood than it should be. Who do I contact?

My address says I am in the Eastside, Long Beach neighborhood when it is actually Belmont Heights.  Who do I contact to correct this?
  • February 05 2009 - Long Beach
  • 0

Hi Tami

Being classified in the wrong neighborhood happens all the time and it can be so frustrating for the homeowner but as an appraiser, I can tell you that when it is time to get an accurate value based on an appraisal, the comparables that are used are the ones that are in your very immediate area and the name of the area isn't considered. I am working on listing a foreclosure right now that is listed as Wrigley area and it is actually in downtown so in this case it is classified in a better area than what it is. If you need to find out what your home is worth, I can pull comps for you at no charge. Just let me know.

Profile picture for tami777
It's incorrect on Zillow.

were is it listed wrong? on the MLS or Zillow?