Profile picture for omorfiyinaika

I own a beautiful 2 bdr/2ba condo. It has been newly repainted, etc. No one has contacted me yet!

My condo is on several websites, including Zillow.com, however, so far only a few people have contacted me and no one has asked to view the property. What is wrong? 
  • February 19 2012 - US
  • 0

yeia sou omorfi...:)

Where in California is it? if it is in the bay area i can help... i am a realtor and property manager...

Yiorgos Vassiliades

Profile picture for omorfiyinaika
I am in California, not Minnesota, however, at this point in time, I have not contacted any local realtors, but if the situations does not change, then I will seek the advice/help of local realtors. 

The websites that are most important to selling a home are local websites and not national websites.

Here in Minnesota the largest two brokers are Edina and CB Burnet. Most renters will begin their search on one of these two sites. They're far less likely to visit sites like Zillow, Trulia or Realtor.com. And very few agents use the national sites. If they have a client looking for a rental, they will use their local MLS.

And the only way to get on these local sites is by listing your home with a local real estate agent. If you're comfortable doing some of the work yourself, there are brokers who will charge a nominal fee in exchange for getting your rental listed on the local MLS. That is where you will get the best exposure and the greatest chance of renting your home.

Profile picture for omorfiyinaika
I have checked "comps" in the community and the price is adequate for the area. Renters have contacted me, but they had excuses, i.e., the living room is too small.....As of yet, I have not contacted a realtor.

Most likely it is the price. Have u had a CMADone by a Realtor? If not please have 3 done and you will have the answer to your question.

Some of the theoretical reasons people may not contact you:
a.  Rental price out of line for the community.
b.  Very few renters in the area.
c.  Contact information incorrect (this appears to be okay as people have contacted you).

You say only a few people have contacted you.   Have they told you why they don't wish to view the property?