Profile picture for mikeandleslie

I own my own home but cannot change the information about it

I own my own home.  In the past I have been allowed to edit the home information, but no longer.  Now when I try to follow Zillow's "help" on claiming the home, and, editing the home information the "claiming the home" link does not exist and the "edit" toggle does not exist.  I have followed Zillow's help guidance to the letter - it is just that the help info is incorrect; at least in my case.
  • February 12 2012 - West Valley
  • 0

Best Answer

• Ice L.Zillow
mikeandleslie -

I checked your concern and Wetdaws is right. You have used Postlets.com to create your listing and this is why you are not allowed to edit the listing through your Zillow account. If we allow edits through Zillow, it defeats the purpose of using Postlets as your medium to syndicate your listing not only on Zillow, but on many other sites.

Hope this helps.

Ice

click on "report problem with home".   A box will pop up and choices of the problem.  Click on "incorrect owner claim".

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Someone mentioned having to add it as a favorite before being able to claim and edit.

If "claim your home" is not one of the choices from the drop down menu, then click on "report problem with home".   A box will pop up and choices of the problem.  Click on "incorrect owner claim".

If your home is listed for sale by an agent, or if you  have it for sale as a FSBO on postlets or another site, you will not be able to make edits on Zillow but will have to go back to the source site for edits.

Over the years the layout of the home details page has changed somewhat, so sometimes their instructions are a bit off from the current status.

If you open the home details page for your home, the one with the description, details, photos (satellite, aerial etc), Zestimate graphs, and price history table,   look just below the description.   On all home details page you should see edit just below the description.  Here's an example with edit circled.

I have seen some pretty good response from the staff at Zillow helping with stuff like this once it comes to their attention. Hopefully one of their admins will see this post and offer to assist tomorrow for you.