I placed an inquiry on a house that unfortunately ended up being a scam. I used my phone and the zi

• March 22 2012 - Colorado Springs
  • 0

When searching to rent or buy in todays market use a Realtor.  I work and manage a FULL SERVICE OFFICE catering to all real estate needs, buying, selling renting and property management.  Let me know how I can help you!

Number capture and using it for texting is the next big intrusion into our lives.  If you would like to look for homes without being bugged by callers, visit my website.  It will ask you to sign up however all you will receive is a few automated messages unless you want more.  You can set up searches to find whatever you are looking for.  If you click on Market Insider, you get acces to great info about the area by zip code...crime, schools demographics,etc. 

[websites etc deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Here is the whole question.
I placed an inquiry on a house that unfortunately ended up being a scam. I used the phone app and emailed the "landlord" about the house. I received responses and we communicated over email a couple times until I found out it was a scam.  They are now texting me on my phone.  How did they get this number?  When I emailed them on the zillow app from my phone, is my phone number included on the inquiry?  I did not send it to them, but did call the phone number listed on the zillow posting.  It is a 'pinger' number. I don't know what that is. Can someone please help me?  Looking for a house is stressful enough, I don't need to be harassed by scammers.

Thank you

Profile picture for Lawrie Lawrence
I'm sorry, your full question didn't post.