I placed an offer on a house that is in short sale- although the bank has full authority.

I have heard nothing from the listing agent. Each time my realtor has tried to get infor. the information comes only after repeated phone calls, and going over her head to the realty co. owner to get any information. I don't want to walk away from this house, but I am not being kept informed.
  • August 20 2013 - Clinton

Best Answer

This is very typical. Be patient with the process if you love the house its worth it. The realtor if representing the buyer only most likely doesn't have the information or she/he would be keeping you informed. The banks move slow and the information comes when it comes the best thing for you to do is make sure your ready on your end when the written approval from the bank comes through so you can move quickly.
Good Luck

Thanks so much for the response. This house is perfect for what I want to do- make it into something unique.

It is tremendously hard to get information when dealing with short sales.  The lenders are making it a bit easier these days but it still takes a lot of time, patience and persistence.

Good luck to you!