Profile picture for fmike221

I posted an estimate on my house for hard money i put on it . In return i got a 2000 $ reduction ??

I spend more thn $55000 last year in improuvments . That does not show on the new estimate i posted  two days ago .Insted you send me a $2000 reduction. The house next to me 4147  wich is a rental  and i have been in it  with no impvouments has a $22000  better value than mine ??? How do you calculate that ????? please help me here , sincerely Mike
  • August 09 2010 - Bakersfield
  • 0

Profile picture for nwhome.us
There are a couple of issues that you appear to be dealing with:
1. The Cost vs Value of improvements is rarely positive.  Here is a link to Remodeling Magazine's Cost vs Value Pacific report that will give you an idea of how values vary between LA, Ventura & Riverside.  So if you added improvements in the "other" catagory, did you discount them per this report?
2. The best information that Zillow has is in the Local Info section.  Watch your neighborhood trends there and you will understand why your own value is fluxuating.  The individual Zestimates on homes is rarely accurate unless you have honestly applied values (not costs) to improvements.  At this poinit the value should easily fall within the Range that is given for a Zestimate.  Does your value fall within the Range?