Profile picture for YoshihiroMakino

I purchased my home in 2011 in Pasadena CA but

I purchased my home in November 2011 at 355 Elmwood Dr pasadena CA91105, but the record hasn't been updated.  
I bought it at 493000 with fixer condition and now fully remodeled and updated. 
this property has two parcels which are next each other, but home is only one. and a garage sits on the other parcel. 
I bought both parcel which has about 11532 sf total. 

August 18 2012 - South Arroyo

Hello Yoshihiro,
I would take advantage of claiming your home ownership and "Correct Home Facts" I have done this and it works,

All the Best,

David Melford

As for the "fixer" status; the machine estimates are always "high" on "fixers", and always "low" on "recently renovated".  That is just the way the estimating method works, related to available county record data.  There is nothing that can be done about that other than post comments, or post your own estimate or appraisal, with appropriate comments.

If Zillow had a way of addressing this, they already would have.  I have some ideas on what they might do to try to address this to some extent, but any verifiable method of evaluating maintenance and renovation status for estimating purposes that could not be easily gamed would be helpful information, and many would appreciate sharing such ideas.

The answers provided so far are not from Zillow, but just from random site viewers, just like "you".

You are correct that Zillow has no ability to combine nor cross reference two assessor tax parcel id numbers, even when always sold together.  It is a limitation in the way the database was set up.  You already addressed that in your comments on the Zestimate.

As for why the purchase didn't show up in the price records?  Zillow gets the "sold" information from the county via 3rd party data collection companies.  Zillow also provides links on both pages to the LA County Tax Assessor's website for the properties. 

Or you can go to the county website with the link:
http://maps.assessor.lacounty.gov/mapping/viewer.asp
and type in your address, then select one of the two parcels...

You will note that the county is not showing your purchase.  The "help" file indicates a few possible reasons that could occur.  But I would start wondering if the sale was properly recorded at the county.  You should check that with the assessor's office.

You need to do that yourself (or have the title company that searched the title when you purchased do that).  Zillow has no ability to do that for you.

Profile picture for YoshihiroMakino
Thank you very much for your reply. My question was this.
 I see two listings of my property 355 Elmwood Dr pasadena CA91105 that sit next each other, and the one has the garage on it ( see the map) hasn't been updated for years. ( on your site, this listing has a home too but it doesn't actually. it's a garage) 
Also I don't see my purchase record ( Nov 2011)  in the bar graph of the property's history.  
We'd appreciate if you could update these info. 

Best
Yoshi

Im not sure WHAT record needs updating, it shows 11,532 sq ft / 0.26 acres as your acreage..... be more specific....

On the map, there is no adjacent lot near yours that is vacant, all show a house (not garage) on them.