I purchased my home in May and there are people now coming to my house wanting to rent.

I purchased my home in May of this year and recently I have had 4 different people come to my house saying they would like to rent it.  They had seen the listing on Zillow to rent and also in the local papers.  I need to get this information updated so we are not bothered with people coming to peer in our windows and anything else while me and my wife are at work.  I had read an article on USA Today that these are scams in which people are giving these companies the security deposit and they think they now can rent the home, but it was never for rent and these people are out the security deposit.  Listed below is the information I had forwarded to me from one of the people who came to try and rent my home.
Dear Renter,
Property is available for move in at the moment for $1,000 for the month rent and $1,000 for the security deposit (Refundable After Lease period , As long as there are no damages on property after inspection) . For immediate move in you would be required to make total payment of $2000. But if you are not moving in Immediately you would be required to make a down payment of $1,000 for the security deposit Non- negotiable to hold property till desired move in date.  Unfortunately I would not be present in person to show the property due to a job transfer and don't have a local rep due to limited time so if you are interested in renting property and willing to work with me despite my absence then I would email the necessary papers for the lease to you, for necessary endorsement. You would be required to fill a rental application which is been attached to this email, if you are interested in renting then lets begin the rental process.

August 14 2012 - Saint Louis