I really want a rental but there are more for sale than for rent..can I lease?

I really need a small 1 or 2 bedroom rental in the Santa Ynez Valley but the rental market is so tight, competitive and a lot of rentals are by word of mouth.  However, I am seeing so many houses for sale, month after month.  Is it possible to rent one of those for sale on a six month or one year lease?  When I approach real estate agents they usually say no.  What is the best way to get a nice guest house rental in a quiet safe neighborhood in Santa Ynez Valley?  Thanks very much- Sheri

• August 02 2014 - Santa Ynez
  • 0

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
call the for sale ads and ask them if they are thinking of leasing.