I see sale of homes for one dollar. How? disabled with 13 yr old need security future

prefer western half of WA-- ranch style home/cabin. If older then with new roof and plumbing Disability pay ltd, need secure area to raise my daughter.  Currently in so,  CA. need to move in approx 2 months. home i am living in in foreclosure was my mom's. won't qualify for mortgage on my credit, income. Are those auction or foreclosure homes sold at 1$ and how? If so how do i manage to get one and when is next sale. need to b able 2 near walk to town health reasons, prefer wooded area. one story cabin-ish type of 4 bedroom  2.5 or more bath, fireplace 2 acres (less is ok) The 1$ homes looked fabulous. Don't mind Whidbey Island, Bellevue side or North near Everett or near the sound.Just need safe lovely area to raise my daughter and self protection for the future & only have to worry about utitlities and taxes. Need all the help and ideas i can get.. My future is scary enough without wondering if I will live in a street.  Please advise anyone that I am willing to come up immediately for such a sale  Both my daughter and I are ill. Help us buy and pay off a house that is nice. Wood floors are gorgeous. Don't mind aged if insulated, pipes are black diamond or similar room for washer dryer and & newernew roof w other time worthy kitchen and bathroom upgrades bjg for an old house I was most impressed so far with the Battleground property with the barn-like shed but they are all great and interesting Am open to most safe, tree filled properties. After 20 years in the CA desert our family needs weather.
  • October 04 2013 - Western Washington University
  • 0

I am going to assume you are seeing these sales in the public records via sales disclosure, etc.?

Typically when you see sales for $1, this is just a nominal amount of consideration necessary for a contract to be valid when transferring ownership between related parties. This is not a market price.

I'm afraid that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There are deals still out there and with local authority housing assistance programs you should be able to find a property that suits your needs.

Start by talking with a knowledgeable broker in the market you would like to move to. Good luck!