I signed a contract with agent to sell house. If agent does not list house can I get out of contrac

I am not making any progress listing house.  Agent is dragging feet.  Maybe they are too busy to deal with my little house.
  • August 19 2013 - Village East
  • 0

If you wish to terminate the contract, I would think the easiest thing to do is draw up a termination agreement, sign it and get the agent's signature.  

Call the broker manager and ask to terminate the listing agreement and get confirmation for your records.

I would call their broker and let them know the situation.

Profile picture for Melody Smith
The agent should list the house as agreed per listing contract. If the agent is non-responsive, I would go to the broker. Yes, you should be able to cancel your contract. Any good agent will and should let you out of a contract if a party to the contract is not happy!

Noel's suggestion would be a good way to go.  Call the agents managing broker and ask to get out of the contract.  If that doesn't work consult the real estate commission in your state and find out the steps in filing a complaint.   Let the broker know and see if that helps in getting you out of a contract that is obviously not being fulfilled. 

They should definitely not wait a month to list your home. If you end up looking for another agent, I'm backed by the reputation of Keller Williams and would love to help.

Should you decide to move on to another agent - I would be happy to assist you with listing your home. I recently closed on a $70k condo, so nothing is too small for me.

At any given time if you feel that you are not properly being represented you can call that agents broker and request that the contract be cancelled.

I got them on Zillow.  It has been over a month since I signed agreement.

When did you sign?  When did the agent promise to have it listed?   If more than a few days have passed, have you called the managing broker?

How did you chose this agent?