Profile picture for yxu22

I signed a lease

I am a landlord. I just signed a lease with a person who promised transfer the security deposit to my account in 3 days, but i never saw the money in 3 days. Is the lease void? should I report it to any related agency?
Mike
  • January 28 2013 - Provo

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
If the lease has language  that states when the deposit needs to be delivered as well as an amount, then yes, the lease is voidable given the lessee is in breach.

But more importantly, I agree with Charles and wetdawgs - the bigger problem here is that you might have some banking troubles if you don't act fast.  Waste no time and take action!

Hope everything turns out on the up & up.

Oh my... sounds like it is a set up for fraud.   Now they have your bank account information.    I would be very scared and have contacted my bank before posting.      Of course, it is still Monday morning so banking business hours have only just started.

Profile picture for yxu22
That person took a check away from me but I wrote a void on it. I am going to call my bank and let them be careful. The writing date in lease for deposit transfer is within 3 days. I want terminate the lease since they did not pay at begining. I called them and no reply. My question is the lease void?
Thanks for all suggestions.

If you gave them your bank account information for them to transfer funds, you may be the victim of a scam.  This is a very common scam where the leasee requests your bank info in order to transfer funds in, but in actuality is seeking to withdraw funds.  I would contact your bank and let them know about this immediately. 

Have you phoned the person?  
Was the security deposit timing in writing that you both signed?
What do you want the resolution to be?