Profile picture for jodik1429

I still don't know how to change my zestimate

I emailed you a request stating I didn't like my zestimate, as it was 10 thousand below my asking price and 20 thousand less then my appraisal. All I got in response is a list of FAQ sites. I still can't figure out how to change it, so it was no help at all. Please just get my listing off of there.

February 16 2011 - Jackson

"would through off" --> would *throw* off

February 17 2011
you might leave it on here even if the zestimate is off.  You're still getting exposure to buyers that might not otherwise view it.  Many buyers know the zestimate is off and view it as merely an approximation of value- if they are intersted in your house and willing to pay that, they aren't going to care if zillow agrees on the value-they'll only care if their appraisal agrees (if they are getting a loan)

February 16 2011
If you have a listing, you can remove it yourself by clicking on "my Zillow" in the upper right corner, or by clicking on your user name or avatar picture to open your profile page, and then click on "listings" in the left margin, and then chose "cancel listing" for each listing you no longer want, and then give the reason.

(You may need to re-log on when doing this to confirm it is still you at the keyboard).

As for modifying your Zestimate; they are updated automatically as much as 3 times a week, when batches of county record data come in, such as recent sold prices in the vicinity.

And if you have wrong data due to changes that were not properly copied from the county records by the data providers, or changes than never got recorded at the county records office properly, you can correct those after claiming the property, but the Zestimate revisions from those changes will not occur for about 6 to 8 weeks to help minimize gaming the Zestimates, which would through off the median value and related trend calculations.

And of course, you can chose to create an owner estimate, and make it public, or not, but those estimates are created more like a CMA and don't use the Multiple Linear Regression method used by the Zestimate.

And then, if you did pay for a recent professional appraisal, you can post that too, including the date.

And really, it doesn't matter if you "like" it; it is a generic calculation that is performed the same way for each property, so it gives a starting point for comparison.  Beyond that, you need to actually visit the property and make additional assesments of items that cannot be in the public records, such as maintenance condition, and amount of insulation, and roof age - warranty - condition - material - lifespan and slope.

February 16 2011
Profile picture for informedbuyer
the appraisal will need to adjust  down this year since housing appraisal were not realsitic,

Your asking price has no value at all, until you get someone to buy it for that price. If your price is not dropped, the house will be sitting for a few mor years. Price everywhere are at the 2002 values that is 30 or more below the top of the buble range!, and it may get even worse when the foreclosure will flood the market.  It take some people and thir realtors longer to accept the grim reality.

February 16 2011