Profile picture for shyunjen

I think my loan agent will be too busy to have me sign the paper within the rate lock period...

Can I ask for a lower rate if that really happens? Since the rate now is much lower than the one I locked.
  • January 07 2009 - Downtown
  • 0

if the rate had gone up and your loan officer said "you didn't sign anything for that lower rate" how would you respond?
This is a volatile market. I might add that we hit 40 year lows 4 year ago and are breaking records now with even lower rates. 5 years from now will you worry that you missed the bottom by 1/4%? 

Highly unlikely that your deal will not close.  If your rate difference is that substantial, talk to your lender and see if he can do anything about the rate.