I want buy an occupied house. is it need a new contract?

I want buy an occupied house. is it need a new contract and from when can I take the rent.
If I don't make a new contract with the rental family, it possible that they don't give me the rent because there is no direct contract with them. 
  • October 06 2012 - US

What state(s) are you considering?  The rent will be prorated to you upon the close of escrow.

Feel free to call me with any questions.

Marco Santarelli
Norada Real Estate Investments
.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
I take it you wish to buy an investment property that has renters already living in it, and you want to know if you should do a new lease with them before you close so that they begin to pay the rent to you instead of to the old owner?

It depends on several factors. What state are you in and what are the terms of their lease? 

If you are using an agent to make the purchase, they should be able to answer most of your questions or track down the answers.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
You are using words like Buy and Rent and the question is confusing. Are you wanting to Buy it or Rent it?

Tim