Profile picture for dschaben

I want to advertise to people who want to retire and live in a rural community, how do I do that?

My home is in a rural a town called Orchard NE.  It has less than 400 people would be great for someone that wants to retire away from it all.  It has been on the market for over 1500 days.  Real estate moves slow in a small town.  Looking for any help I can get. 
  • June 11 2011 - Orchard

Profile picture for dschaben
I am listed with an agent, but she does very little.  In two years she has only found one person to offer on the home.  I think I am done with her contract in September, and then I have to find someone else, but options are limited in such a small area.  60 mile away to a town of 25,000 and 35 miles to a town of 5000

I suggest that you retain a Realtor from the largest town/city near you.  The Realtor will be able to advertise your property as you describe it to a wide number of people to the local MLS.

Hmmm, I would probably advertise with AARP or any of the 'senior' magazines you find in the grocery store. You can also pull up local demographics and see where your potential buyers live and send out postcards. Are you not working with a realtor, because that is what we do.