I want to buy a home. I have three children and I am three years old. I do not have the slightest

I want to buy a home. I have three children and I am three years old. I do not have the slightest clue on where to start, what to do, but I do know that I need to have someone assist me with this process, preferably female. I do not know what is the benefits or disadvantages of buying a foreclosed home and getting a mortgage or buying a home that is not up for foreclosure. I want to get this process start, purchasing a home that is.
  • April 06 2013 - Olentangy
  • 0

Profile picture for JudyRohlf
Get the phone book out and look in the yellow pages for real-estate agents in your area.  Call them up and let them know what your are looking for and your concerns.  For being 3 yrs . old you spell pretty good :}

If you've got a good answer, why bother to pay attention to the question!

The three year old is almost four by now, another question pulled out the dust bin of ancient questions and also, an agent answering a lending question.

Wetdawgs - I often sit and shake my head in amazement, online, at the number of "answers" that don't even begin to address the questions.....or...........pay attention to what was asked........just saw one where the agent went on and on about  the importance of finding the "right mortgage rep" -  great advice, EXCEPT - the poster was looking for a RENTAL!

To the 3 yr old who posted this silly stuff.......go to bed, it's past your bedtime

sadly amusing, agreed.  

Over the holiday period, I encountered a number of acquaintances.  I was amazed how many wanted to finish my sentences for me, and 100% of the time they were wrong. Perhaps I talk too slowly.  The culprits covered a broad spectrum of professionals.

it's amusing ................and also sad, isn't it Wetdawgs?

Precocious poster!  I suspect it made Guinness book of world records!

Read (or listen to) the question?   A rare skill.   Number one on my list when I'm interviewing agents.

Amazing..........this "question" was posted last April.................and the poster claims to be THREE YEARS OLD!

Either their typing leaves a lot to be desired, or......I am kind of thinking someone is having fun here - at your expense..........and none of you (except Wetdawgs ) noticed what was said!!!

Your best bet is to get a Pre-Approval letter from a lender to see what you have to work with.  An advantage to buying a foreclosed home, is that costs less than market value.  Even if you have to have repairs done, your investment will still end up being under market value (giving you equity) or at minimum right at market value.  But definitely get a pre-approval first, then contact a realtor to help you find your new home.

The first thing you should do is to contact a bank or a mortgage company to get preapproved.  [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines] Mary Ann Young, ReMax Central

Here's a link to Zillow's buyer's roadmap to help familiarize yourself with the process.

The first step is to evaluate your finances to see if you can afford to buy.

By the way, I hope you are a bit older than 3 years old if you have three children!