I want to know if I have a $40,000 cash budget to get a REO...

how much should I offer in order to cover all expenses (closing, realtor fees, etc)?
  • May 23 2013 - San Antonio
  • 0

I'd be more than happy to draw up a seller's net sheet for you and discuss the details of the transaction if you've got questions.

Profile picture for Will Rodgers
Realtor fees are generally paid by the seller, unless the broker has an admin fee. 

I tell clients that closing costs are generally 3 - 3.5% of sales price. Sometimes the seller will help with closing costs. 

You also will want to have a home inspection done, around my area this is around $300-$500. 

If you're working with an agent, they can provide you with a good faith estimate of your expenses. There are too many variables to give you a guesstimate.