Profile picture for estate143

I want to list as FSOB but the house is still listed by a terminated agency.How do I reclaim my home

Contract was terminated 2 months ago. I informed the agency of the problem, nothing has been done to date. I am anxious to list as FSOB, would like to move on price.
  • December 22 2010 - Waterbury
  • 0

Best Answer

Take your termination papers into the Local MLS and show them that the agency no longer has the right to rep you.....What you may find out is they didn't terminate you/cancel the contract. They may have withdrawn you from MLS. MLS will tell you.  Then call and talk to the Broker of the office....He has the power to cancel it.

Now as for being a FSBO....I've been doing this 20 years I routinely list FSBO's and get them net more money then they can get for themselves, You really don't save a dime....it actually costs you more then the commission you will pay for quality representation. It's a lot of work...you don't have the experience to solve all the problems that come up...it's very time consuming...most of the ready willing and able buyers are working with agents that will take advantage of you because they rep the buyer.

If you want me to help you get quality representation I'll be happy to do it at no cost to you.

what is FSOB?

Hound the agency - call them two or three times a day.   Report them to the better business bureau and their state professional organization for poor service.