I want to refinance my FHA mortgage, but have been told I cant because its now a rental property.

I purchased a house in 2006 (or 07 cant remember) with an FHA mortgage.  The rate is currently 6.375%.  At the time i paid around $3,000 up front for PMI, so I dont pay monthly PMI.  Two years ago I converted this property into a rental.  I have been told by the banks where I live that I cant do an FHA Steamline refi because the property is a rental, but apparently it is possible.  Not sure if they dont know or just dont feel like fooling with it.  LTV is still probably the same as was when I purchased the property, although from what I've read that shouldn't be an issue.  My credit score is over 700 and my debt to income is less than 30%.  I would refinance with a commercial loan, but the LTV issue will prevent that.  Loan amount is around $70,000.  Any suggestions?   
  • November 06 2012 - US

I've had a few people ask where the property is located.  The property is located in Mississippi. 

Been pretty busy adding reviews for yourself there Chad.  Must be quite time consuming. That plus the hair color change recently, quite busy you are.

Profile picture for Academy Mortgage AZ
I would contact a All Star Lender in your area on ZIllow.

ERIN!

I can do the FHA Streamline and I lend in 37 States.

(details): FHA streamline without appraisal. The LTV is irrelevant.

Go to the professionals tab and contact one of the lenders.

you can do an FHA streamline. contact me for details.

No, LTV is probably 90-95% which would prevent a conventional mortgage.  Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Profile picture for StuartSantana
Have you considered a refi via conventional means?  Assuming you have the LTV required for a non-owner occupied, rate and term refi.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck