Profile picture for SANBROWN

I want to see a different area

I am living in Elizabeth, NJ, but plan to move to Montgomery County, PA.  How can I get Lansdale and Norristown homes to show up on my home page instead of Elizabeth? 
  • November 18 2010 - Lansdale
  • 0

Profile picture for katrinepa
Go to the Zillow site, and just type in the area   you are looking for, whether Lansdale, plymouth Meeting, Upper Gwynedd, Lower Gwynedd, Blue Bell, Norristown, Norriton, Skippack, Worcester, etc.
If you have children you may want to look in aspecific area.  Having a relocation realtor may help you. 
I moved to the Lansdale area 21 years ago, and am happy:)
Kathy
Best wishes in your move!

Hi Sanbrown,

I'm a realtor with Weichert Realtors from Montgomery Co.  I live in the Lansdale area.  Please email me with your "wish list" (how many bedrooms, baths, etc, price range, what areas you want to look and any other specifics you think are important) and I will run a detailed search for homes and email them right to you.

Best regards,
Lorri

Lorri Paster
[contact info removed by moderator]

On my computer, if I have been studying an area outside my home area - say Ithaca, NY, - then every time I open my computer to Zillow again it shows me houses from Ithaca, NY even though my registered address is  Somewheresville, PNW.    If today then I decide to investigate houses in Malvern, PA, then it is stuck on Malvern PA until I change it again.

I am not logging in and out with Zillow, just turning the computer off and on again.  Perhaps that is why my default doesn't go back to Somewheresville, PNW.

Profile picture for SANBROWN
Thank you for your responses; however, they did not address my issue.  Perhaps, I did not phrase it clearly.

When you sign up for Zillow, you can only provide your current address.  Then, when you log in, you are automatically taken to a kind of "home" page that displays real estate in your current zip code.  I do not want to see that.  I want to see only real estate in the two communities that I plan to move to.  I would settle for one of the two.  Instead, I always have to search for them.  I tried changing my account settings, but I could not find one that would allow me to override, so to speak, my current address and create a new default address.

Does this make sense to anyone?  Do you have a viable solution?  What do you see when you log in?

Simply type in an address in the target town of interest and it will default to that town when you open Zillow in the future.

Profile picture for jdaywalt
Good Morning,

You would be doing yourself a great service to align yourself with a Realtor who is experienced in those areas.  They will then be able to send you listings on a daily basis so you are up to date on what is available to you.  You will not miss a listing!

I grew up in Norristown and know it well.  There are lots of other areas surrounding Norristown and Lansdale.  I'd be happy to assist.  Feel free to contact me.

I hope all goes well with your relocation!