Profile picture for Dollarman$

I want to sell all my furniture before selling my house. What should I do?

• December 18 2008 - North Tonawanda
  • 0

I'd caution you about selling ALL of your furniture.  An empty house typically takes a lot longer to sell than a furnished house.  While I recommend that people de-clutter and get rid of extra things in the home, I wouldn't do it all at once.  Once you've de-cluttered, sell some of it on Craigslist and then give the less desirable things to a charity.  Leave the sofa, tables, bed, etc. in the rooms so people can get a sense of the space.  Once you have an offer, then go crazy, celebrate and sell whatever else you don't want! 

--Rebecca Carlson

Craig's list my friend.  Go cheap and you will sell quickly.  Does it add to the value of the home to keep it staged?  Ask a staging expert to visit your home.