Profile picture for Actuality

I was interested in doing a quick sale on my Mom's house. Only offer was 110K. House worth 200k. Hlp

I checked with 2 home investors, and highest offer was 110k. The houses are selling for 200K. 140-150k would help with my mother's nursing home care. Any advice how to avoid buyer pitfalls and fraud artists? 

Thx: John M.

Email: [deleted for privacy]

May 06 2011 - Mayfair

Investors pay way under market.  That's how they make money.  Find a Relator and expose your home to the greatest number of consumers. 

Also do not mention to any prospect why you are selling your mothers home.  That shows you have a need and weakens your ability to negotiate for a higher price.

Fast gets less.  Patience gets more.

dont waste your time with a realtor i m in the process of doing the same thing and the house has been on the market for 5 months and no sale.
should have took the 120k from the investor

Thank you for your question.  The best recommendation is to contact a local Realtor in your area.  You can find one by searching on Zillow in your area.  After you find one, you can read actual reviews by their past clients!!!  If this does not work for you, I would be willing to lend a hand just give me a call.

Totally agree with Eliisa! When you only have a small audience that you expose your home to,expect to get lower offers.

The key word you wrote was "investor" all buyers are really investors,only home buyers that tend to make that property their primary residence will have a higher value of it.

30,000 more will certainly help with your mom's care as well.

I would certainly use a skilled agent and get it exposed to all prospects.You ccan Always sell to this investor in a month or so,tell the agent about their interest and see if they can exclude them for a month so you get the best of both options.I have done that.I have always sold it for more,and I knew we would not be using the investors offer.Your Realtor can work to represent both of you,so she will have some compensation for the work done to field other offers..Who knows..the investor might RASIE his offer if you get other attention.
Best of luck Suzie

John,

List the home with a local area specialist so you get the exposure you need to sell for highest price. The broker will be your gatekeeper and help you through any issues.

Eliisa