I was looking at homes for sale in Houston, Tx & San Antonio, Tx -- it seems the taxes are so High??

did the taxes recently go up?
  • August 12 2013 - Clear Lake
  • 0

Hi, They can be high generally speaking. I sell the Houston and SE Montgomery county. I see tax rates anywhere from 2.3 to 3.7. Depends on if you are in an older more established neighborhood or a new community with new schools and amenities. Other variables determine rates as well. Let me know if I can help. Best regards, Dee Please let me know if I can be of assistance in Houston.

They have not, I am afraid they have been HIGH for a long time. 
In Texas, tax revenue is generated primarily by the sales and property tax, making the sales taxes among the highest in the nation. Almost every other state has a third important source of revenue -- a state personal income tax.

Another problem is that the assessed value is very close to the appraised value.

The bright side is that Texas's real estate are very affordable and at least in my area, landscaping is like paradise! 

Profile picture for Owens Realty Group
We do not have a sales tax here so most of our municipalities are funded through property taxes.