Profile picture for ktinsd

I went into escrow to buy a house that was a flip. Before my general inspection I asked my real esta

April 19 2010 - Vallejo

Profile picture for ktinsd
Marissa and Julianna,
Thanks so much for your answer. FYI their inspection was 8 DAYS before mine, not 8 years, but thanks for your feedback.
I am going through the same process again now on a 2nd flip.
I assume I should get the TDS in hand before my inspection this time?

I'm sorry you are in this situation. I don't know that you can get your money back. They are required to provide you with a TDS (transfer disclosure statement), revealing all material facts that they know about the property, which should include the things that were found in the inspection report that you found. They are not required to provide you with any inspections they have ever done, and they can also probably claim that they do not remember doing an inspection 8 years go, or didn't think that that information would be pertinent 8 years later, or that they never said they didn't have one done, just that they didn't still have the inspection report. Just because repairs were recommended does not mean they were obligated to do them. Unfortunately, this may just be a circumstance where someone else's dishonest actions cost you a little money. Just be thankful you found out the information that caused you to back out before escrow closed and you had a lot more money involved.

Profile picture for ktinsd
OK, my cut and paste did not work..... Let me try again...
I went into escrow to buy a house that was a flip. Before my general inspection I asked my real estate agent if I could have any copies of inspections that were done by the seller. The seller denied they had had any inspections done. The inspector I hired found a sticker in the attic for an inspection that had been done 8 days prior to my inspection. I got a copy of that inspection which ahd been ordered by the seller and there were many things that were wrong with the property that were in the sellers inspection. I backed out of the deal. What can I do to get my money back from the seller for my inspection since they flat out lied to me about the fact that they had done an inspection and never did the repairs that were reccommended in thier inspection report.

and...?