Profile picture for astrologyangel

I went to open house sunday, offer was made but not for full asking price what should I do next

offer was from another buyer, I want this house.....
  • March 09 2010 - Indianapolis
  • 0
    0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Be a Good Neighbor. Be respectful and on-topic. No spam or self-promotion! See our Good Neighbor Policy.

Answers (5)

Profile picture for farmboy11
Call the listing agent and only the listing agent to make an offer. DO NOT USE A BUYERS AGENT!
  • March 11 2010
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Profile picture for jillybean219
make an offer!  If you really like the house, and you can afford it, go for it!  The same thing happened to us.  We were looking at the house for the second time and were wanting to make an offer when we received a call that an offer was placed while we were looking.  We decided to jump that day and make an offer as well that was below asking price.  We asked the seller to pay closing costs, and cover several other areas (home warranty, etc) We also submitted a letter of pre-approval.  If people are living there, be considerate and give them time to move out as well.  Long story short, they accepted our offer over the other, and we will be moving in soon! 
  • March 11 2010
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Profile picture for Ofe Polack
Ask your buyer agent to write an offer, price is not the only consideration when deciding whether to accept an offer or not.  You may still have a chance. 
  • March 09 2010
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

If the offer on Sunday has not been accepted by the sellers you could still make an offer.  If you have an agent, I would contact them immediately and see about writing an offer. There may be other considerations besides full price however, which may make an offer more attractive; financial stability of the buyers, time to close, time for possession. 
If you aren't working with an agent, I would be happy to help. 

 

  • March 09 2010
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

You should still be able to submit an offer.  Let me know if you need help.
Ann Gioe
[content removed by moderator]
  • March 09 2010
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.