Profile picture for home575

I will be a first time home owner this year but my fiance isn't, could I still qualify for tax break

My fiance is not a home buyer but I will be.  Will that affect me getting the $8000 tax break if we get the home together?
  • March 01 2009 - Santa Teresa
  • 0

If your fiance has not owned a home within the last three years, they may still qualify as a "first time buyer".  The other side to the question is will both incomes be used in qualifying for a mortgage?  If only yours is to be used, buy the home yourself, not jointly and you will qualify for the $8K tax credit.