Profile picture for DeborahWinegar

I would like help with the value of house I am currently renting that I want to buy.

I live in Noda. The house is in excellent conditions and is 2070 Sq. Ft., 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. It was built about 100 years ago and has been renovated, has fence in back yard, and 1/4 acre land.
  • June 12 2014 - Charlotte
  • 0

Deborah-

Good Evening.

My humble advise: Contact a local agent, ask them to complete a CMA for you, they are (or should be) free and all you need is facts/data on said home. Said agent will be able to set a +/- value for that property. I hope that helps.

Have a BEAUTIFUL night.

-Shawn, REALTOR

NoDa is really changing so you definitely want to make sure that your future home is keeping up with these changes.  First and foremost I would think about the "bones" of the home.  I love older homes because of their character, but no ones likes old electrical, plumbing, and of course there is the risk of lead-based paint.  Start with these renovations before tackling the cosmetics of the home.  Whenever I show older homes I help my Buyers see beyond the glitz and glam of paint and staging.  Once the bones are strong I would do timeless updates, you can never go wrong with wood and updated siding.  If you have any questions about buying the home or making an offer I would be happy to help.  You can also check out my video about updates and upgrades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agDUKmMqxfQ&feature=share&list=UUF71VXMNnXyHJ7XyaEh_21g

A CMA (Comparable Market Analysis) done by a realtor and/or an appraisal would be the best tools to know the value/good asking price of a home. You can also do your own research and find similar properties (homes in the area of Charlotte with similar square feet, number of bedrooms & bathrooms, etc.) to see how much they have recently sold for and how much they are currently on the market for.

Hope this helps!