I would like to buy a home with owner financing, have a great down payment.

• October 11 2012 - The Woodlands

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team

The owner will still want to pull credit and go through some of the same qualification steps as a lender. The Woodlands market is doing quite well right now because of the expansion of Andadarko and Exxon's mega move to our area. There are some owner financing deals out there, but you will have to be patient to get the right one for you. If you want me to, I can do a quick search for properties that have owner financing available in The Woodlands; however, you will need to contact me with more details (price, size, 1 or 2 story, etc.)

Owner financing does exist, but it is extremely rare as most loans are due on sale and most owners need to money for their next purchase.  Owner financing tends to be considerably higher interest rates than conventional financing.    Some agents have lists of a few sellers who may be able to consider owner financing (usually because they own outright).   I'd contact a few agents in your area directly.