Profile picture for sansimeonj

I would like to know the value of my property I just inherited

The property is 9186, 9190, 9194 Avonne ave. I live in the second-story home above the garages. The two townhouses up front are rentals. The mortgage was paid off years ago. I  am strongly contemplating selling.................JIM JONES

January 04 - San Simeon

Best Answer
I just looked up the sold comparables for your property and your looking at a value of $800k to $900k depending on the shape their in and if any work needs to be done to them. A similar type property with multi units on it just sold in Cayucos for $799k. If you decide to list it please feel free to contact me. Thanks, Jessica [removed by Zillow Moderator]

January 04
"I don't know how much clearer I can make it" -

But you didn't indicate how much rental income you are receiving from each, nor what your operating expenses are.  Business are valued different than owner occupied housing.

You can also enter your details on
http://www.finestexpert.com/

No, I have no intent to do a CMA for you; I'm not in your area and I don't do CMA's nor appraisals.  I thought you were asking about AVM's like Zillow.

For some other free AVM's (that also can't do multi-unit estimates properly), you can see the thread:
What is the most complete list of Home Estimating websites that you have seen?

January 04
Profile picture for sansimeonj
I don't know how much clearer I can make it, The 2 units up front are 2-stry 2br 1.5ba units. They are listed on the property with the county.

January 04
Call your local agent they can do a C.M.A. FOR you.

January 04
Zillow only has one entry for the property, using the address 9186,
ZPID #15404954

It does have the property tax indicated, thus some county records.... but it indicates it as just a "studio" and doesn't list the other two units as part of the property, so the estimate is not for the full property value.

It presently indicates $375.2k, range $334 - $405k. (estimated 1/2/14)
Likely it is about 3 times that, but would depend on the specifics of the units.

You can do a "what if" on homesand.net.
http://homesand.net/QuickComps.aspx

You will need to enter the details yourself as that website is getting the size, #bedrooms, # bathrooms, year built.... from this website.

Though you can create other home details pages for the other units, either by setting a "for rent" or a "make me move", it will take some time for the estimates to show up, and it takes about 2 months to fully impact the estimates, and you still don't have the county records info so the estimates won't be as good, and you would need to sum them.

Or, you can revise the details on the home details page you already have to include the bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage of the other units, but it still wouldn't include the other kitchens, nor the rental income benefit, so it still would be low, and would still take about 2 months before the changes fully impact the estimates.

January 04
Hi Jim, where are these properties located? A real estate agent can give you a comparative market analysis on the properties for free to determine a value.  Are they located in San Simeon, CA that's in my area of service and I would be happy to help you with that. Thanks, Jessica

January 04
If you put the address of the property on Zillow, it will give you an idea of how much is worth.  You can also request a CMA to one of the premium agents on the area.  You place your address, it will give you the names of agents on the right of the screen.  Just contact one of them and they will be able to help you. Good luck!

January 04