Profile picture for customdb

I would like to refinance my home. Please look at my stats and give me a call!

I own a construction company and am self employed. Though I show $75k in income (which screws up my DTI) --I actually receive around $120k in benefits from being the Owner of my company in the form of insurances, trucks, expense accounts, etc.etc. Is there anything that you can do?

December 04 2013 - Douglas

Customdb,
I don't see a way to contact you directly by phone.  I see that you are having a problem qualifying.  One of the great things about being self employed is that you can depreciate equipment.  Technically, it doesn't effect your cash flow but for tax purposes it reduces your income.  As a lender I can use depreciation to help you qualify.  I can also use other allowances if I have a two year history.  
[contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Peter Campellone

Being self-employed can usually cause problems when you are trying to apply for a mortgage. This is a very common situation that people get stuck in. Luckily, there are loan products that are offered for certain situations like this. I suggest you research and speak with lenders that can be flexible with your situation. Before these are available to you, how is your credit score and down payment? Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender directly to see if you can get started on financing a new home with your situation. There are lenders like myself that would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

Would need to know the loan amount that you're trying to refi, also the type. Also, how do you know what the DTI is? Benefits are not something that can be added back in. If the business pays some of the debts that show on your credit report that will help.

Yes, if can you email me your last 2 years of tax returns so we can probably calculate your income over the last 2 years.   I think you have a good shot depending on how much deprecation we can add back into your income.

Has a lender already run the numbers for you, with a current credit report?

Mark

Have you spoken directly with a loan officer?  Depending on the details, there are some write offs that we can 'add back' to your income.  Depreciation, depletion and the depreciation portion of your mileage write off to name a few.

Get a loan officer that's experienced in self employed borrowers and bring them your whole tax returns, it may or may not work depending on your situation. 

It will come down to what you show on the IRS returns, not what you claim - those days are over for now.

tim