Profile picture for michoacana

I would like to refinance my house, my balance is $248000.00 and the value of the house is $230000

my credit is good, Im pretty sure my score is close to 700, would I be able to refinace? I know the value is low!

March 20 2010 - Southeast Growth Area

Talk to your lender.  As was stated below you may qualify for the HARP program that allows for higher LTV's than 100%.

You may qualify for a short pay refinance. This will be a new FHA loan at todays current value
1. Current lender must agree to short the loan
2. Qualify on all aspects to receive FHA approval
Thank You
Art

Go to where you do your personal/business bankin and explaine the issue. If you don't have an appraisal get one.

Check out http://makinghomeaffordable.gov/.  You may qualify for a HARP refinance.  Good luck.

Michoacana,

These are your options:

Check with your current servicing company (the company you send the payment) to see if you have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac loan and if so, if they offer the 125% refi program.

If you have a current VA or FHA loan, you can try for a streamline refinance with no appraisal but you might need to come in with some money with the new rule changes.  Your loan amount cannot be greater than your current balance.

A long shot is called a short pay refinance with the use of an FHA loan.  The new loan is based on 97.15% of your current value.  The hurdle is the investor who currently owns your loan must agree to either forgive the difference or take the balance in 2nd position.  This is a question that your current lender might know the answer.

Hope this helps.