I would like to report this property as a scam. Ronald Recher is not the owner. I had it checked o

I went on the Lake County Assessor site and received the owners name.  I also verified who the owner was when this property was sold.  I was also told it has been rented since 2010 at over $2600/month.  This is totally a scam and am hoping it is reported,.

July 01 2012 - Vernon Hills

Profile picture for adanivea
THIS IS A SCAM!!!! ugh!!!

I am glad to see so many people working together on this, but has any of the parties involved called an reported this to their local police and let them know that this guy is striking all over the place???? That is the only way to finally stop this person. 

You need to keep flagging the scammer for Zillow when you see him and keep posting any phone numbers or email Ronald Recher is using here in this thread so people can google to find the scam.

Profile picture for LeahSmith8
This same person is doin it again in Bakersfield CA how do we report him? he is still using the email address listed below. ronaldrecher96@yahoo.com

Profile picture for workabee
Scammers are scum. Keep posting their phones/email to boot their butt tech style and add Richard Parker scammer with many aliases to your list of bogus numbers 276-477-5524 . He has hundreds of scam rentals.

Here's a link to Zillow's FAQ on scams.   It provides instructions for reporting.

Now using recher247@yahoo.com

Just almost fell into his trap.  is there a way to report him???

I heard the same grandparent story. I'm glad I took a drive to the house twice to confirm that there are people living in it. Here is the email he is using: ronaldrecher96@yahoo.com

Profile picture for BeckyZanine
Ronald Recher stricks again. My fiancé and I saw a post for a house in La for 1500 a month. We knew it was two good to be true but we sent a inquire about the house and ronald recher came back to me with the same stroy about his dead grandparent and having to live in text bla bla bla. He keep trying to push me to send him the deposite and he said he would send the keys. Strick one I knew that was weird, Strick two I asked him to send over the rental agreement because I will not be sending any money before I see it in writting first. Strick three I knew that all information about house owners and such is public record I research the owner and it was not him. I googled his so called name Ronald Recher and you amazing people poped up thank you. I texted him back saying I read some very interesting information about you and we will not be renting from you.  This website he has posted on now is trulia. Thank you everyone

My daughter was looking on Craigslist for a house to rent in Santa Maria, California and came upon a listing that she was interested in.  She contacted the person who stated he was the owner of the house, but now lives in Texas.  He stated he and his wife had to move FROM California so they were renting their home out.

After several e-mails back and forth he then stated he would send my daughter [AFTER she gave him a deposit of $2000.00] the keys.  He also sent her some documents to sign.  Being very suspicious she asked me to do some investigating.

I checked on Zillow.com and found the house was just sold July 03, 2012 so I called the Real Estate office that handle the sale.  The first thing they told me that they get dozens of calls with scams just like this and it so common.  They then were kind enough to give me the name of "THE REAL OWNER" which of course was not the person conducting this scam.

When my daughter sent him an email stating she had found out that he was not the property owner and she was no longer interest his response was "I would never do that as he was a man of God".

The name of this scam artist is the same that other have had dealings with him on Craigslist.....RONALD RECHER.

Please all be very pro-active when searching on Craigslist and of course NEVER, EVER SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WITHOUT FIRST VERIFICATION OF THEIR VALIDITY.

He uses a yahoo.com email address.

I almost was a victum for $1500.00. i was responding to an add here on zillow for a house in buena park calif. i could not find the address that was listed which we thought was strange. then i came accross he email with the message that Ronald was living in texas due to his grandfather death and wanted to rent this home. he made the mistake of calling my cell phone, i don not answer unknown calls or number i do not know. in this case both came up so googled this number and all these reports came up. thank you so very much.
his info is ronald becher, ablegod1965@yahoo.com
phone# 234-706-9515631. thank you for these reports

A scam was reported for a " Ronald Recher " on Zillow using phone number 713-931-5162. The owner has posted information on their home page about an open investigation in SC. If he tried to scam you in another state, you might pass your information along to that police department.

Can you post the phone number or email " Ronald Recher " is using? Or the address ? Flagging it for Zillow and posting some info can help others avoid the scam when they google for more information.

"Ronald Recher" also just tried to scam me for an apartment in LA.

Ronald Recher (so-called) tried to scam me as well trying to rent a house he didn't own.  Watch out!

Your post is not associated with a specific property.   However, you can open the home details page and report the scam from there.