Profile picture for lbcowden

I would like to search recently sold homes for the agent names. Is there a way to see this

Is there a way to see agent activity. Who sold what?

January 01 2012 - Mount Pleasant

Best Answer
Agents can work with a lot of buyers but not have listings. Be careful of going with a broker that has a lot of listings, find out what kind of attention YOU will get....ask the Realtor how many days it takes them to sell a home and what their listing to sales average is. Ask them to bring a print out of their sales to you. Ask them how many days they feel it will take to sell your home. This past year, I turned down a lot of listings because I felt that the home would not be realistically priced by the seller and it is my name and reputation on that sign and marketing. There are a lot of Realtors who will do the same (and a lot who won't) You need to find that Realtor, someone who will tell you what is going on in your community, what your 'competition' is doing, tour those homes and sit down with that Realtor to pick a realistic price to get your home sold. Ask friends and family for referrals. Stage your home please and neutralize it. If you are serious about selling, box things up, after all, you are moving :)
 Hope that helps.
Happy New Year

I would be happy to send you a list of any realtor in Mt. Pleasant, SC.  Let me know if you would like me to do this.

If your goal in the end is to find a listing agent.
You can always ask the  listing agent that you want to know the names and phone numbers of the agents who sold their listings.

The Real Truth of the matter is that somewhere in the 90% range listings  are sold by the buyer's agent.  The most important job of a listing agent is marketing and treating the buyer's agent like a customer not an enemy.   In many cases the seller is lucky that a good buyer's agent is on the other end, otherwise the house wouldn't close or the buyer would walk. 

Interview your listing agent's buyer's agents if you want to know the truth on how they handle a transaction for the seller.   Good listing agents have buyer's agents who want to sell their listings. 

Profile picture for lbcowden
Great advice, thank you.

Profile picture for lbcowden
Thanks for your replies. In this market I would like to see who the real movers are. I've been approached by more than a dozen agents who all claim they work with a vast network of buyers. But then after digging around I see they no listings. Guessing on representation could cost someone their livelihood. Seems like we should have access to that data.

Zillow does not have that information and many local MLS and boards do not share that information so you can ask the individual agent what kind of business that they did, but that's about it.

The mls is the only way to find out that information.  Even then it is not a total picture of an agents sales.  If an agent in our area sells homes that are out of our mls area or are new construction and not list in the mls those sales would not be listed.

Christinse

I would also ask for the names/phone #'s for the last 3 sellers/buyers with whom they had transactions with and call for references.

An Realtor can run a report through their MLS membership.  I don't believe you can obtain that information through Zillow.