Profile picture for NancyFeusseWalter

I would like to see some references or ratings on New Day USA. Where can I find them?

I would like to see some references or ratings on New Day USA.  Where can I find them?
  • September 03 2013 - Midland Township

Profile picture for lleohern
WHAAAO.  Thanks God FOR REVIEWS...I just called them to SIMPLY ASK and they went BULLY AND AGGRESSIVE. I kept saying Sir I only called to ask a question and the lending guy wanted almost forcefully ALL MY INFORMATION.  Certainly this people are THE WORSE in the market. Pure predators vested as LENDERS.  I say the same:  JUST RUN LIKE FORREST, GET A NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES AND JUST RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!
Leo  
  • 3 days ago

If you're looking for a VA mortgage, try Quicken Loans.  We went to Quicken after New Day tried to bully us into a very expensive loan that would have added thousands extra in fees alone.  The folks at Quicken are easy to work with, they're very professional and the entire process was very easy and pain-free!  Their fees are much more reasonable because they service the loan.  New Day makes its money by charging lots of up front fees because they sell off the loans right after closing.  We've gone through Quicken for a VA mortgage twice now and I can't imagine doing business with anyone else.  
  • 5 days ago

Profile picture for maloon
I can't believe Cal Ripken Jr., the retired Baltimore Oriole, is PITCHING this company in a television commercial.  Cal, I've admired You for so long, but You have lost me on this one.  Surely, You are not doing this for the money!  Why are You doing this commercial?  They are rip-off artists.
  • 5 days ago

Profile picture for jlrsch
New day wanted 2 points on a 236K loan for a 4.75 rate in addition to a 1 point charge for originating the loan.my credit score is 800. I called Wesland/Lennox Financial and got 3.75 no points and no fees. A vet dealing with Newday is like a young soldier buying a used car off a lot right outside the main gate
  • 5 days ago

As an experienced, Retail Loan Officer, and a veteran, I went to Virginia to interview with them. In the interview, the VP I met with, who shall stay nameless, actually bragged about the average 800-1100 bps per loan they were profiting. That is the same as 8-11 points per loan. How do they do that? Easy..they charge the highest rate they can above the "0" point rate on the sheet, then they charge actual points in the closing costs, and then they get points paid when they "deliver" the loan into the market. Its really bad folks. When I started asking deep probing questions, this VP got "called away" for another meet and swiftly escorted me to the elevator. This company hires young, fresh out of college people who can barely spell mortgage, and sets up boiler room style "smile and dial" cubbies and just cranks it out. And the MBA just gave them some bullcrap Badge of Honor award in Las Vegas last month for how they "help" vets. Run, Forrest, Run...from these thieves.
  • November 09

Profile picture for russn1949
I have already posted one comment but would like to up date it. My loan documents indicate that I can pay off the loan at any time with no penalty. I just received a letter from NewDay that specifically says "Advanced notification is required if you are paying off your mortgage". It indicated the notification has to be in writing. This is a company you really need to have an attorney represent you if you truly want a loan from them.
  • October 28

Profile picture for rushme74
I hate to say it but I worked there for 6mo as a loan officer until I came to my senses. What everyone is saying is true! These people are money hungry crooks. The poor guy's working there aren't paid squat and have to work 7am to 11pm, Monday through Friday. They're given 4 "leads" a day and better close at least one or be fired. They paid you a pittance, 25k/yr while management made millions daily (no exaggeration) Rob the CEO, what a joke he was. But he's living the high life for sure! Turnover was atrocious! Magement runs the place like a boiler room taking advantage of people who are in dire straights and need cash back loans. Take it from someone who was on the inside briefly peddling their crap, RUN AWAY QUICKLY unless you want a bad deal crammed down your throat!
  • October 27

Thank you all so much for posting your experience with NewDay USA. Your advice has been well taken. I'll look else where. God bless.

• October 08

Profile picture for russn1949
I am  veteran that took out a mortgage with these people. It was not a good experience and might continue to be the same as payments are made. You know that you can not now say anything bad about a company as they will sue you. If you deal with this company do it with a good attorney.  If they tell you it will be a fast close, like two weeks, I think you know that probably will not be anywhere close to how long it takes. After the VA appraiser, water test, termite test and General Contractor inspection you might expect to have to bring the home into almost new condition-just a thought. After all the possible hoops, delays, inspections you might get to the closing and find out that all the bills they are paying off might not be for the full amount you talked about or even sent statements on. Just saying that might happen.  Then when the checks come you are not allowed to hand carry them to the payees or to send then electronically or in any manner other than by US mail. That means maybe 2-5 day delay between  when you receive the payoff checks and when you get them mailed to the payees. if that is the case you have extra interest until the payees receive their checks and New Day has extra days until they have to pay the checks. . Not saying anything bad about the company but certainly would not recommend them to anyone.     William R Nash, Col, Retired
  • September 30

Profile picture for JennieWebster
I would like to thank everyone who posted their problems with New Day USA. My husband and I are almost ready to buy a house in a few months and the info everyone posted has saved us a lot of time and trouble! Thanks again
  • August 27

Profile picture for jlew3
I am glad I read these reviews prior to attempting to do business with New Day.  These people appear to be a bunch of crooks ripping off veterans.

L Johnson
Florida
  • August 18

I wouldn't EVER do business with this company. I have served in the US Army for over 20years. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I called to get the "process" started and was informed that it would cost $9000 to get the loan. I hung up IMMEDIATELY. Don't even call them, it is a waste of time! 
  • July 16

I wouldn't NEVER do business with this company. I have served in the US Army for over 20 years. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I called to get the "process" started and was informed that it would cost $9000 to get the loan. I hung up IMMEDIATELY. Do even call them, it is a waste of time! 
  • July 15

Profile picture for ELWaldrep
We started the refinancing process with New Day in March 2014 and we are still not thru!! Each week they want more information, more work done and the paperwork to prove it was done and we still are no closer to closing than we were in March!  Now that we told them we are DONE, I've gotten calls and e-mails from Dennis Bozzell with NewDay that sound quite "threatening" about what will happen if we don't continue the loan process with them!  From the comments posted here, we can see that they are not a company who has any interest in the Vets, but in the "bottom line" ONLY...what goes into their pockets!  If this is the way a company ropes in veterans and then treats them like pawns for their own gain, you would be very smart to never deal with this company!!!
  • May 20

Profile picture for woodwardmary14
We refinanced our home with New Day! Three months later we had a pipe freeze and burst in our house. Our insurance company was outstanding! They cut a check, sent it to us and notified us that we needed to check with our mortgage company on what their policy was about distributing the money. We had to send them the check and they would disburse it in three installments as the repair work was done! This has been a nightmare! The pipe burst in Jan. only 50% of the money has been released and every time we try to set up an inspection on the progress of the repairs, we are told either they don't have the proper paper work or they will get back to us! We are out of money and living in a mess! I would never recommend this company to anyone! You can never speak to the same person twice. There is never a supervisor available. This has been a nightmare. Don't make the mistake we did. We are veterans and they claim to want to help veterans. Don't believe their ads!
  • April 08

Profile picture for lunarclo
http://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/mortgage-lender/newday-usa-in-fulton-md-20012154/complaints
  • April 05

Profile picture for whatakamp2
fcars101.....I don't care if you believe it or not. Your statement alone says a lot about you.  I have no reason to lie about something like this. Especially when I feel they are taking advantage of veterans. It's no laughing matter. I don't know about you, but $40,000 is a lot of money to us, and adding this much money just in fees is outrageous. 
I am no liar, sir, nor am I a total mentally challenged person. 
  • March 06

Profile picture for fcars101
I don't buy $40,000.00 in additional fees. [Offensive content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy].
  • March 06

Profile picture for whatakamp2
If you are considering NewDayUSA for a VA loan or any other type of loan, please shop around.  We just withdrew our loan request with NewDay because their fees were excessive.  We were looking to refinance our home to consolidate our debt with a VA loan.  NewDay's offer came back quickly but there was $40,000 added just in fees alone!!!  Their interest rate was also more than 1 point higher.  Don't just take NewDay's offer.....Shop, shop, shop around.  They make their money through the fees added to the loan because they do not service the loans.  Go with a lender who does service the loan. Their fees are much more reasonable and their interest rates are lower.

Do an internet search. "New Day USA Reviews" or "New Day USA Customer complaints" You will find info that way. I haven't seen a loan officer here that represents them.