Profile picture for NancyFeusseWalter

I would like to see some references or ratings on New Day USA. Where can I find them?

I would like to see some references or ratings on New Day USA.  Where can I find them?

September 03 2013 - Midland Township

Profile picture for russn1949
I am  veteran that took out a mortgage with these people. It was not a good experience and might continue to be the same as payments are made. You know that you can not now say anything bad about a company as they will sue you. If you deal with this company do it with a good attorney.  If they tell you it will be a fast close, like two weeks, I think you know that probably will not be anywhere close to how long it takes. After the VA appraiser, water test, termite test and General Contractor inspection you might expect to have to bring the home into almost new condition-just a thought. After all the possible hoops, delays, inspections you might get to the closing and find out that all the bills they are paying off might not be for the full amount you talked about or even sent statements on. Just saying that might happen.  Then when the checks come you are not allowed to hand carry them to the payees or to send then electronically or in any manner other than by US mail. That means maybe 2-5 day delay between  when you receive the payoff checks and when you get them mailed to the payees. if that is the case you have extra interest until the payees receive their checks and New Day has extra days until they have to pay the checks. . Not saying anything bad about the company but certainly would not recommend them to anyone.     William R Nash, Col, Retired

1 day ago
Profile picture for JennieWebster
I would like to thank everyone who posted their problems with New Day USA. My husband and I are almost ready to buy a house in a few months and the info everyone posted has saved us a lot of time and trouble! Thanks again

August 27
Profile picture for jlew3
I am glad I read these reviews prior to attempting to do business with New Day.  These people appear to be a bunch of crooks ripping off veterans.

L Johnson
Florida

August 18
I wouldn't EVER do business with this company. I have served in the US Army for over 20years. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I called to get the "process" started and was informed that it would cost $9000 to get the loan. I hung up IMMEDIATELY. Don't even call them, it is a waste of time! 

July 16
I wouldn't NEVER do business with this company. I have served in the US Army for over 20 years. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I called to get the "process" started and was informed that it would cost $9000 to get the loan. I hung up IMMEDIATELY. Do even call them, it is a waste of time! 

July 15
Profile picture for ELWaldrep
We started the refinancing process with New Day in March 2014 and we are still not thru!! Each week they want more information, more work done and the paperwork to prove it was done and we still are no closer to closing than we were in March!  Now that we told them we are DONE, I've gotten calls and e-mails from Dennis Bozzell with NewDay that sound quite "threatening" about what will happen if we don't continue the loan process with them!  From the comments posted here, we can see that they are not a company who has any interest in the Vets, but in the "bottom line" ONLY...what goes into their pockets!  If this is the way a company ropes in veterans and then treats them like pawns for their own gain, you would be very smart to never deal with this company!!!

May 20
Profile picture for woodwardmary14
We refinanced our home with New Day! Three months later we had a pipe freeze and burst in our house. Our insurance company was outstanding! They cut a check, sent it to us and notified us that we needed to check with our mortgage company on what their policy was about distributing the money. We had to send them the check and they would disburse it in three installments as the repair work was done! This has been a nightmare! The pipe burst in Jan. only 50% of the money has been released and every time we try to set up an inspection on the progress of the repairs, we are told either they don't have the proper paper work or they will get back to us! We are out of money and living in a mess! I would never recommend this company to anyone! You can never speak to the same person twice. There is never a supervisor available. This has been a nightmare. Don't make the mistake we did. We are veterans and they claim to want to help veterans. Don't believe their ads!

April 08
Profile picture for lunarclo
http://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/mortgage-lender/newday-usa-in-fulton-md-20012154/complaints

April 05
Profile picture for whatakamp2
fcars101.....I don't care if you believe it or not. Your statement alone says a lot about you.  I have no reason to lie about something like this. Especially when I feel they are taking advantage of veterans. It's no laughing matter. I don't know about you, but $40,000 is a lot of money to us, and adding this much money just in fees is outrageous. 
I am no liar, sir, nor am I a total mentally challenged person. 

March 06
Profile picture for fcars101
I don't buy $40,000.00 in additional fees. [Offensive content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy].

March 06
Profile picture for whatakamp2
If you are considering NewDayUSA for a VA loan or any other type of loan, please shop around.  We just withdrew our loan request with NewDay because their fees were excessive.  We were looking to refinance our home to consolidate our debt with a VA loan.  NewDay's offer came back quickly but there was $40,000 added just in fees alone!!!  Their interest rate was also more than 1 point higher.  Don't just take NewDay's offer.....Shop, shop, shop around.  They make their money through the fees added to the loan because they do not service the loans.  Go with a lender who does service the loan. Their fees are much more reasonable and their interest rates are lower.

Do an internet search. "New Day USA Reviews" or "New Day USA Customer complaints" You will find info that way. I haven't seen a loan officer here that represents them.