I would like to talk to someone.

My home has been appraised at over $247,900 and yet Zillow sees fit to give it a value of $164,326 Zillows estimate is barely above what I paid in 2001 and I have since spent $86,000 in upgrades, how can you possibly evaluate a home without seeing it, I just wonder how many potential buyers will be put off by Zillows insane estimate.If you can't get your estimates close then leave them off the listing.
Also the MLS listing has been updated to show a lot greater view now, as we had several trees cut down to increase the lake view, it would be appreciated if you would update the view photo.

Sincerely,

Mitch Middleton
141 Tommy Drive,
Canyon Lake, Tx. 78133
[phone removed by moderator]

December 13 2012 - Canyon Lake

Don't worry about your Zillow zestimate.  The real estate and banking industry does not use Zillow data for appraisals or comparable sales data.  It's well known to be highly inaccurate.  

Zillow is NOT the MLS nor are they licensed real estate brokers. 

Enjoy the Holidays and forget about it!

At the moment no one from Zillow has responded (they have green labels by their names that says zillow).   They have a number of FAQs on Zestimates, see below.

A couple of thoughts with links to Zillow's FAQs:

The value range is more important IMHO than the Zestimate.  The value range for your home is $150K – $269K.   Learn more about the value range in "what is a Zestimate?" as well as "Data Coverage and Zestimate accuracy"

"Can I remove my Zestimate?"

The photos on your listing are the same as the photos on your agent's feed from point2.   If they are not correct on Zillow, ask your agent to update his point2 feed.

I've not heard of anyone using Zillow's estimate of value to guide them in their valuations of properties during the purchase process. Texas is a non-disclosure state, meaning sale prices are not publicly available, and as such the Zestimates for Texas are historically inaccurate and should not be relied upon in the decision making process. I wouldn't worry too much about it Mitch.

Can you please take off the Zestimate please.

I understand your frustration with the Zestimate.  I advise my buyer and seller clients not to base their decision on the estimate that Zillow publishes.  Sometimes the Zestimate is right on, but many times they are way off.  From my experience, the ones that are way off are the properties that have been upgraded.   Those upgrades do not show up because there is no way that Zillow would even know about them. 

Perhaps there should be a Zestimate dispute area where you can supply an appraisal and get the Zestimate adjusted accordingly.

Tammi Knapp

1. 0 Bambi Ln, Canyon Lake, TX Home For Sale
    0 Bambi Ln, Canyon Lake, TX 78133

2. 230 Ridgerock Dr, Canyon Lake, TX Home For Sale
    230 Ridgerock Dr, Canyon Lake, TX 78133

3. 2070 Lakeland Dr # B, Canyon Lake, TX Home For Sale
    2070 Lakeland Dr # B, Canyon Lake, TX 78133