IRS tax transcript

My boyfriend is purchasing a condo. Everything is under his name - the condo, the mortgage, his credit score, down payment. He made a mistake of listing me as a co-habitant of the unit on one of the paper. Now they are asking to see everything from my side (w2, tax return, transcripts, etc). I have handed most of them to the mortgage company but I felt a little concerned about this. Do they have the right to ask for my documents if my name is not on the mortgage and the condo, and I most likely won't be paying rent there. 

Also, they requested to see my tax transcript and the IRS denied it, so right now the whole process is stalled. Is it normal for the IRS to deny giving out transcripts? 
  • June 04 - Lake View
  • 0

Profile picture for Todd Kime
We have a investor who do not require to see Tax Transcripts. please reach out to me if you have any questions.
  • September 17

If you truly intend on living in the home, they will need your information.  Some loan programs require "total household income" to be verified.  If you are NOT going to reside in the home, nothing should be verified.

Regarding transcripts, it is possible they might have had your incorrect address on the order form.  They will most likely need to resubmit after your information is 100% correct.

Hope this helps!
  • June 09

It sounds like you are are doing an IHDA loan with down payment assistance. All occupants must disclose their income because there are household income limits. By the way, IHDA lowered the maximum income last week by 5%. The Cook County limit for a 2 person household is now 88,320 per year.
  • June 09

Are you doing a bond program that has income limitation? They usually want to see all the income for everyone in the house.
  • June 04

If you are not on the mortgage application and you are not married, there should not be any information needed or asked from you. Including documentation from you can only confuse the issue, and your boyfriend needs to have a very direct conversation with whoever is processing his loan application. If you were married and doing a non purchasing spouse even, all of that information would not have been requested. IRS probably denied transcript because his address was on the request, and you filed your return under a different address. That is a common reason IRS does not send a transcript, and happens anytime someone's filing address is different from current/application address.
  • June 04