Profile picture for elie27

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I COULD BUY SOMETHING IN THIS PRICE RANGE EVEN IF I DONT HAVE GOOD CREDIT?

IM 27 YEARS OLD SINGLE MOM WITH 2 DAUGHTERS AND HAVE A DECENT JOB WITH ALRIGHT PAY BUT HAVE BAD CREDIT AND NEED HELPING TRYING TO BUY A HOME IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE EMAIL ME AT SAPPESPE69 @HOTMAIL .COM

"Credit Repair" where someone tells you it is okay to dispute accurate information in your credit report that is negative in nature in order to get a mortgage is loan fraud.  Your girls need a mom that isn't behind bars.  If you are having credit problems now, chances are buying a home will not help the problem.  If the problem was isolated and behind you that is a different story and time will fix the credit problems if you are back on track.

Owner Financing might be a great way for you to look at purchasing a home.  Have you spoken to a credit counselor before?  I recommend this to a lot of my clients who have troubled credit.  Not a Debt consolidator, but a credit counselor.  Theses guys help build up your credit and typically can give you great advice on how to raise your credit score quickly and efficiently.  These companies have a great program that actually takes your current credit history and runs different scenarios to see if you paid down X credit card vs. Y credit card, which one would give you the greatest return. Also, they have contracts with different large companies that can actually get poor or negative incidences completely removed from your credit (depending upon the situation).  

It does take time but certainly look at speaking to a professional.  Most of the companies that I have recommended have done a great job and were certainly worth the money paid. 

I realize it has been a while since your question and the market has changed since April and this information still may have value to you.

I agree with improving your credit  before obtaining a mortgage. Although, many sellers in the Lubbock market are willing to "owner finance" which will change the loan requirements. Sometimes, owners are willing to let you into a home for little to no money down and in many cases, your credit score does not have to be perfect. There are homes available in Lubbock that fit this description.

If you'd like to know more about improving your credit and obtaining a traditional loan or acting on an "owner finance" deal, contact me. My website is [content removed by moderator]

Best Regards,
Doug Duncan
REALTOR

Before taking on new debt, you would probably want to get into a credit repair program, clean up and pay off some existing debt.  It would put you in a much stronger position when you are ready and give you the upper hand in negotiating.

Good luck,

Naima