Identical units with $50,000 valuation difference in NW Denver.

I'm a real estate broker in Denver, Colorado and I have a question about valuation.
I'm currently listing 2 properties in a triplex in north west Denver.
These units are identical, but they have a difference of about $50,000 according to Zillow.
I feel the discrepancy in price is hurting our chance of selling it.
Can anyone from Zillow or anyone who knows anything about valuation give me an answer.
I tried calling Zillow, but they're impossible to contact via phone and refer brokers to the FAQ's and Discussion Boards.
Any information would be helpful.

Richard

The addresses are:

4511 Xavier St.
Denver, CO 80212

4519 Xavier St.
Denver, Co 80212

• August 14 2012 - Berkeley
  • 0

Profile picture for blub blub blub
Simple answer is that Zestimates are stupid. 

Zillow will tell you that they are just a starting point and have no appraisal value. 

Some will chime in to say that buyers don't pay any attention to the values put out by Zestimates and that it won't effect any decisions made by buyers.

Hopefully your buyers agents will know the values in your area and guide their clients accordingly.

Profile picture for Dunes ..

If you do not hear from Zillow in a timely manner/soon then it's my opinion your best bet is to email one of these folks
Click Contact on their Profile

Ice L.

Neil Roxas

If you do not hear back in a reasonable amount of time then go up the ladder & try

Russ Hatfield  ..Customer and Community Support

Rachel Rosen ...Customer support

Not happy with the Service/Response/Assistance/Forum
Share your view with.. Spencer Rascoff..CEO at Zillow

Good Luck & I hope you get a response from Zillow

Profile picture for hpvanc
How many buyers are using erroneously high Zestimates to make offers on overpriced properties that ultimately won't appraise?  That should give you a good indication of whether an erroneously low Zestimate will make it more difficult to sell, if Zestimates influence buyers it works both ways.

Zillow is a wonderful website for helping my clients understand trends and comparative values on neighborhood to neighborhood level.

Please do not expect a web based algorithm to do the same level of work as an appraiser.

Zillow & Trulia are now part of the client experience. Just know the short comings so you can explain them.

If you have a seller concerned, have them get an appraisal prior to listing.