Profile picture for EricHey

If I have an IRS lien against me will anybody give me a loan?

• December 18 2008 - Alexandria
  • 0

Profile picture for Ken Kopper
Eric, How old is the Federal tax lien? Also, I have had some luck in getting Federal tax liens settled so that is also worth a try if you have the money available or if this is a refinance.

Tracy is correct, but I have also read where some banks (and IRS) are actually agreeing to put tax liens in subordination (2nd place) to mortgage loans. Best bet is to put a call into your lender.

Depends on the age of the lien and the situation behind it.  It's best to call a Mortgage Loan Officer.  Be prepared to give some details so your situation can be properly assessed and you can get good advice.