Profile picture for TangoLuverr

If I list my home with you, do you charge a fee at the time of sale?

Can I remove this listing at any time?  Is there a penalty for doing so?  If a realtor contacts me and wants to show one of their clients my place would I have to pay them ANY commission?  Do you have professionals that could help with questions at the time of sales?    Thank you so much for your help.
  • October 17 2013 - Tulsa
  • 0

If you are asking Zillow if they will provide you any help with possible sale of your home, That would be no.  They allow you to list your home for sale on their website for free.  If you are wanting sell your home For Sale By Owner than you would need to have the paperwork ready for any sales on the home. You can go to websites like www.fsbo.com and sign up with them to get the paperwork needed to have a contract on the home.  They or other For Sale By Owner Websites will have an array of packages for a price.   If a realtor wants to show your home they will usually ask you to sign a paper stating that you agree to pay them a commission before they will show your home.  If you want to list your home for sale with a professional than you want a realtor, I say that if you want to not have to deal with the advertising, paperwork, negotiations, showings, lenders, closing companies, title issues ect.  Just being honest these are the parts of selling a home.

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
This is a link to Zillow's For Sale By Owner.

1.  Yes, you may remove your listing at any time.

2.  No, there is no penalty to do so - it is free to post FSBO.

3.  If an agent brings a buyer, it is up to you if you decide you want to compensate that buyer.  If you choose not to cooperate with a buyer's agent, you may find that you won't get some traffic.  Best practice is to decide before posting if you are willing to cooperate with a buyer's agent and for how much.

4.  Zillow is not a brokerage and does not have staff that will be able to assist with sales questions.