Profile picture for rudddrew

If I list recent improvements to my home on Zillow,can the taxman re-assess it?

• March 08 2011 - Clay
  • 0

Profile picture for Starr Nicholas Team
I am on the Grievance Board of Review, the assessor ONLY uses recent sales and comparable homes. Even the recent sales have to be before July 31st of the PREVIOUS year. Its very specific. Having said that if its on the MLX the assessor can see it, so they'll find out if you finished your basement for example

There have been rumors of this type of thing happening, however for a county assessor to place value based on an internet site where anyone can post nearly anything in terms of improvements is very far fetched. I have talked with a few assessors about this and it sounds like it wouldn't hold up if an owner disputed it.