If I sell my home at a loss, can I roll the balance into the new home loan mortgage?

If I sell my home at a loss, can I roll the balance into the new home loan mortgage? If so can you give me a list of lenders that will provide this service. 
  • December 13 2013 - Baltimore
  • 0

Unfortunately, you will not be able to do this. If your home becomes a short sale, this will dampen your credit and ability to obtain another mortgage. You will then have to sit through a waiting period before you would be able to obtain another mortgage. Well I wish you the best of luck!

No. Lenders are unwilling to roll old house debt into a new mortgage. To sell the underwater house, you will have to pay off the bank or get them agree to short sale unless you can qualify to carry both mortgages.