If my Social Security Card says Valid only for work can I apply for a mortgage loan?

my credit score is 630.
  • February 23 - Houston

For all the people who replied to Johana Galvez, what she probably has is called DACA and is basically a 2 year work permit that is renewable without having to leave the country. If anyone could give any more info on people with this specific type of permit that would be greatly appreciated

Here is a link to the what daca is just in case
http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process
  • February 27

If that is a valid social security number then you should be fine in getting most loans. If not, there are still loan options for you. Even if you are not a US citizen there are foreign national loans that you can consider. Also, you're credit score should be fine for most of these loans open to you. We would need to know more details about your situation in order to accurately help you. So the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!
  • February 26

I can do either a FHA or USDA as long as you have aVALID Social Security Number. The"For Work Only" refers to you getting that SS Card with a Work Authorization when you first arrived in the USA. So as long as you have a current Work Auth through the USCIS, then you are good to go. If not, you are not working here in the US legally therefore we can't do a Government Insured Loan for you. Worst case there are programs for Foreign Nationals. Let me know if you need assistance by clicking on my profile and sending me a message.
  • February 24

Yes i can assist you in purchasing a home under our foreign national program if you do not qualify on the regular programs. I can be reach via my profile.
  • February 23

Are you sure that isn't a Tax I.D. Number?   Not a Social Security number?
Are you a citizen?

• February 23

Hello Indira,

We would be able to help provided you have a valid social security number, and are either a US Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or a Non-Permanent Resident Alien with specific Visa classes.  I would be happy to speak further, please contact me through my profile above.  Thanks and good luck!
  • February 23