Profile picture for aaag

If you recently filed bankruptcy, would you be able to purchase a house or refinance?

I recently had to file bankrupty due to a spouses's mishandling of money. I did not have anything to do with the debt but my credit is now probably in the 500-600 due to the filing of bankruptcy. I have always remained current on my 1st and 2nd mortgages. I have been a buyer twice on homes with good payment history of them over a 10 year period. If I receive a discharge in a ch.7 and have no car note or any other loans, am I able to refinance my first and second together or buy a new home once I sold mine if I have a co-signer with good credit? What is the best option for me now?
  • March 09 2009 - Baton Rouge
  • 0

Best Answer

I would ask the mortgage forum here. They could tell you what your options are.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
Dump the spouse?  Rent, rebuild?

Profile picture for SlickPoetry
your best option is probably renting right now.