Profile picture for jct2010

Im disabled & my income will drop $1800 in a few months.. I need to get a modification loan. HELP

Im disabled & my income will drop $1800 in a few months.. I need to get a modification loan to work with my income, or I will loose my home.  What happens to a person, me, if I walk away from my home (go into forclosure)???
  • August 09 2010 - East La Mirada
  • 1

Profile picture for Rock Martin
Who's the scumbag lender servicing your note?

Profile picture for Dunes....
I missed your advice Ed..What was it?

I think most are aware of the failure of Loan Mods and the question includes A recognition of the Walk away option...

So where does jct2010 get a loan mod in his situation or what happens if he walks...

Got any Advice or other options than that given or already known by the person asking the Question?

Again I marvel at home people reccomend Government programs or TARP funded agencies to help people in trouble ...

Anyone with any experience / knowledge in the modification field knows the Governments program is a miserable FAILURE and continues to be!

Read the statistics on HAMP ...88+% FAILURE rate Nationwide!! Does that sound like an "answer" to someone who needs help, and needs it immediately? Doesn't to me

HAMP takes months, and months and typically throws the homeowner into a "spin cycle" of submitting / resubmitting paperwork over, and over again!

Sure...it's helped some but it consistently FAILS many more!

Think I'm wrong? Look up the REAL stats then ask yourself if it's something you want to get involved with and / or reccomend

Seems everyone is asking this one...... before you walk, you should at least attempt a modification... you can also try an intermediary like NACA, or your county resources to help, particularly re: disabled.... go to Making homes affordable website, etc

Profile picture for Dunes....
You may wish to look over this site...Disability.Gov

This may also be of interest..Free Counseling..assistance from the Gov.
Link

I'm sure others will add more or better info..

Good luck
Dunes