Profile picture for msvickilynn

Im going to forclose. Can my husband (who's not on my loan) go get a home on his own?

Ive been current with my mortgage, but because I've been slapped with several liens of over 10K - and because I don't have 10K.- I am getting foreclosed on. 
I cant do a deed-in-lieu because of the liens.
My PMI cant touch me either, because we are current with our payments.
So, I stopped paying for a couple months in hopes that I could get help from them.
So now I cant do a short sale - must be current.

I am going to lose this house.

QUESTION:
Can my husband go buy a house in just his name, without my issues effecting his final approval? He has already qualified and is going through underwriting and they are beginning to demand information about me.
  • August 17 2012 - Atlanta
  • 0

If the home and all other liens related to the home and foreclosure are only on his name. At least here in MD, he could buy if he qualifies other wise. That is good credit, debt to income ratio, sufficient earnings. A loan broker in your area should give you a clear and complete answer based on local rules and regs. Best of luck!

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
I think you need to ask your loan officer point blank if your issues are going to keep him from being able to fund and close. Otherwise, you will waste a ton of money and time headed to a closing that is never going to happen. 

I would consult a real estate atty, each state has different laws