Im renting a house that has currently changed ownership, The new owners want to move in, How long do

Im renting a house that has currently changed ownership, The new owners want to move in, How long do they have to give me to get out by Utah state law?
  • May 24 2012 - Lehi
  • 0

To give you the most accurate advice I would need to know what your contract with the previous owner states regarding the term of you lease and clause in the event the property is sold.

If your lease is a month to month agreement then most likely a 30 day notice would be need to be provided to you.  You really are in the driver's seat if things were not worked out in writing with the previous owner and the new owner.  In many cases I have been able to get money from new owners for tenants for an early move out.  Getting the money does not give you a new place to live, but at least it helps with the expense of moving to ease some of the pain of that process.

What does your lease state?  No matter what was agreed to verbally what is in writing unless it violates State law dictates how things will proceed legally moving forward.

Profile picture for tammyjl
I have clauses in the contract's that I issue that state how many days either party has from noticed to "quit" the contract.  I normally put a 60 day notice for either the renter or the homeowner.
If you have a year contract, that usually applies to the rent not changing in that time period.