Profile picture for nome_sain

Improvements? The new algorithm is so far off (given sales - not opinion), that Zillow is useless.

• June 28 2011 - Paradise Valley
  • 0

No one in the RE industry uses Zillow's guesstime for anything.  It is not accurate nor up to date, before or after the "Change".  I will give them credit for trying and for what it is, a FREE source for a wild ballpark of value, it is ok.  I am not against Zillow but I do stress to my clients not to rely on any information from the site. 
Best of luck.
Spirit

It is tough to try and ground a prospective seller when Zillow shows their home valued higher then current market however overall, I think Zillow is a good retail level tool and helps professionals educate consumers with more direct MLS estimates of value. At the end of the day, if a prospect I receive is from Zillow, to me the site yields a net gain.

Zillow has a lot of great features ~ sometimes the zestimate is off....  Especially in Paradise Valley where some neighborhoods are inconsistent.  There are a lot of new builds and remodels in older neighborhoods.  Paradise Valley homeowners really need a professional realtor to give you an idea of what your home is worth.  Zillow and other sites pick up on recent sales but do not know what the condition of the home was in.  Short Sales added to the confusion in value!  If you would like an idea of what your home is worth, I would be happy to help you. You can reach me at KellyPorteraz@gmail.com or 602-739-5060
Best of luck!