Profile picture for momma75

In LA, can my husband get a mortgage without having me on the loan? He has a low debt to income rat

and better credit than I.  The only debt we have is a car note  so our debt to income ratio is only about 10%.  
  • April 03 2009 - River Ridge
  • 0

Profile picture for kat001
In Phoenix, can my husband get a mortgage with out me.  My credit sucks after co-signing for my daughters car loan-all my bills are paid on time but she is constantly late.  His score is at 698. 

Profile picture for Liberty Mortgage
You can but you would have to sign documentation with the title company consenting to his being on the home alone-

Profile picture for momma75
We only have his income and the car is in his name as well.  I am trying to avoid grouping our credit together.......I don't want to use my credit if I don't have to.  Wasn't sure if Louisiana had different laws because is a community property state.  I want to stay off the loan if at all possible.

If his credit and income allow him to qualify by himself, then yes.